Macaroni and Cheese is by far the most tempting ‘comfort’ food. There are variety of recipes to make the delicious Macaroni pasta along with the cheese sauce but have you ever tried experimenting with your all-time favorite dish? If not, we bring to you some of the easiest, delectable and mouth-watering alternatives ways of eating your favorite Mac n Cheese.
1. Mac n Cheese Chicken Burger
- Uncooked pasta- 50 g
- Butter- 4 tbs
- All purpose flour- 2 and a half tbsp
- Milk- 2 cups
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese- 4 cups
- Bone less chicken- 150 g
- Black pepper
- Burger garnishes: bacon, lettuce tomato, onion and one slice of cheese
- Cook Macaroni according to the directions written on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
- Take a saucepan and melt butter in it. Put flour over it and mix well. Pour milk while stirring constantly. Put in cheese and cook it on low flame until cheese is completely melted. Put the cooked macaroni and mix all the ingredients.
- Pour the Mac n cheese onto a baking sheet and smooth it into an even layer that should be at least 2 inches thick. Refrigerate it for an hour.
- After removing it from the refrigerator, use circular cookie cutter or upside down of a grinking glass to cut out 8 Mac n cheese ‘buns’
- Use a skillet and toast the buns over low heat until they turn golden brown in color.
- Divide your chicken into 4 equal pieces, season tem with salt and pepper and grill them in the microwave at 145 degree F.
- Put each piece of chicken between the two Mac n cheese buns and top it with the garnishes.
2. Mac n Cheese Pizza
- Macaroni- 1 packet
- American cheese- 3 slices
- Milk- 1 and a half cup
- Flour- 2 and a half tbsp
- Butter- 4 tbsp
- Premade Pizza Crust- 1
- Olive oil- ¼ cup
- Shredded Cheese- ½ cup
- Cook macaroni according to the directions written on the packet and drain it.
- Prepare cheese sauce in another pan by mixing butter, flour and milk constantly stirring throughout over low heat. Add American cheese and mix well.
- Mix Macaroni and cheese sauce together.
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
- Evenly spread the Mac n cheese on the pizza crust.
- Bake it in the oven at 450 degree Celsius for 8-10 minutes.
3. Fried Mac n Cheese Balls
- Macaroni- 1 packet
- Butter- 8 tbsp
- Flour- 4 tbsp
- Milk- 1 cup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese- ½ Cup
- Bread crumbs- 2 cups
- Oil for frying
- Cook Macaroni as directed on the packet. Drain and keep.
- Mix butter, flour, milk and cheese in a pan and cook on low flame until cheese melts and mixes well. Put macaroni into the mixture and stir.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the mixture and put into in the refrigerator for 20 minutes after covering it.
- Spread a cooking sheet. Scoop out 1/4th of a cup Mac n cheese and roll into balls in the leftover bread crumbs. Freeze the balls for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the balls in hot oil until it turns brown in color. Serve hot with ranch dressing or barbeque sauce.
4. Mac n Cheese Muffins
- All purpose flour- 1 and a half cup
- White sugar- 1tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 1/3 cup
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 1/3 cup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese- ¾ cup
- Macaroni and cheese- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F and line a 12 cupcake tray with liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add vegetable oil, egg and milk into the flour mix and stir until it’s smooth and sticky. Stir it in the ¾ cup of shredded cheese and the one cup of Mac n cheese. The Mac n cheese should be hot. Fill the muffin cups up to 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over each muffin and bake it for 20 minutes in the over.
5. Mac n Cheese Omelette
- Melted butter- 1 tbsp
- Eggs- 4 (large)
- Milk- ½ cup
- Salt and pepper
- Mac n Cheese- ¼ cup
- Crumbled bacon- 2 strips
- Coriander for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together and keep it aside.
- In another pan melt the butter over low heat and add egg premix and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Add the Mac n Cheese and bacon and transfer the mixture to the skillet and keep in the oven for 2 minutes until it gets firm.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Cut it from the centre and serve with salad.
6. Mac n Cheese Salad
- Macaroni- 1 and a half cups
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese- 1 cup
- Peas- 20 g
- Chopped celery- ¼ cup
- Thinly sliced green onion- 3 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes- 20g
- Mayonnaise- 1 cup
- Cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a large bowl of boiling salted water and cook macaroni in it until is still firm when bitten, rinse it under cold water and drain.
- Boil the peas until they are soften.
- Take another bowl and mix macaroni and vinegar and allow it to settle for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cheese, celery, green onions, peas, tomatoes, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator until it is chilled.