The day of Christmas eve calls for more than just trees and decorations, it’s a day to get your chef mode on and whip up some savoury Christmas desserts. From cakes to cookies and even puddings, there’s a variety of desserts to try out and they’re pretty easy to make as well. So here are the easiest and most delicious recipes we’ve picked out for you that will leave your lips smacking in delight!
1. Chocolate Muffins
No one can say dessert without chocolate, and what’s the best way to get it apart from muffins?
Sugar: 2 cups
Butter: 1 cup
Cocoa powder: ½ cup
Vanilla extract: 1 tbsp
All purpose flour: 1 ½ cups
Baking powder: ½ tbsp
Salt: ½ tbsp
Walnuts: ½ cup
- Add melted butter in a bowl and whisk in sugar until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl in the order above and whisk the mixture until it is smoothly combined and pour it into the greased muffin tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick, if it comes clean, then your cupcakes are ready to eat.
- If you want to have rich chocolate muffins, you can add chocolate chips in place of walnuts and pipe chocolate ganache on the muffins once they are baked. (For chocolate ganache: add dark chocolate to warm heavy cream in 1:1 ratio, and mix well until you get a smooth texture).
2. Nutty Chocolate Banana bites
Try this fruity twist on good old chocolatey treats that you can whip up in no time!
- Slice the banana into round shapes of equal thickness and refrigerate the bananas for 15 minutes.
- Now put some peanut butter between two slices of banana and refrigerate further for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt some dark chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Dip the banana slices into the molten chocolate and top the chocolate with nuts of your choice and freeze for 5 minutes.
- Your low calorie dessert is ready to eat!
3. Chocolate Custard
If you want a truly mouth-watering dessert to satisfy your taste buds then this custard is the best thing for you.
Milk: ¼ cup
Sugar: 3 tbsp
Egg yolk: 1 large
Dark chocolate: 85 grams
Unsalted butter: 2 tbsp
Heavy cream: ½ cup
- Combine milk and sugar in a saucepan and heat until sugar gets dissolved. To another bowl, beat eggs with 1tbsp of warm milk, and then add the mixture to the saucepan and cook at moderate heat, whisk the mixture until its slightly thickened.
- Now to this mixture, add your chopped chocolates and salt, whisk until smooth. Now whisk in the butter.
- Add the mixture into 2 serving bowls and then refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream, 1tbsp sugar and cinnamon. Now take your chocolate custard out of the refrigerator.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on the top of the custard and sprinkle some chocolate shavings or chocolate chips on it. Your rich chocolate custard is ready to serve n eat.
4. Nutella Brownies
Brownies are a Christmas classic, but something even more amazing than normal chocolate brownies is Nutella brownies!
Nutella: 1 cup
Flour: 10 tbsp
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl and when combined pour the mixture into the muffin tin. Bake at 180 degC for 30 minutes.
- Check if the brownies are cooked by inserting a tooth pick and if the tooth pick comes clean, your brownies are ready to eat.
5. Triple Chocolate Mousse
For the ultimate chocolate experience, this sweet mousse recipe will make you want to skip dinner and go for dessert instead!
Dark chocolate: 180g
Milk chocolate: 180g
White chocolate: 180g
- Add the three different chocolates in three different microwaveable bowls. Pour in 60ml water into each bowl and microwave for 20 seconds and stir. If your chocolate has not melted then microwave it again for another 10 seconds and stir.
- Make sure your chocolate doesn’t burn. Keep a check on your white chocolate because white chocolate melts faster.
- Pour each chocolate into a separate plastic bag, seal the bag, flatten it and keep it in the freezer for an hour. Now take the bag out and scrape out the chocolate from the bag into the bowl and whip it with a hand blender on high speed, now add a tsp of chilled water at a time and whip it on a high speed.
- Repeat the process until the chocolate reaches a smooth consistency like that of a thick cream. Now pour your chocolate into a glass with the help of a piping bag or a spoon.
- You may pour the dark chocolate at the bottom, and then refrigerate it till the time you repeat the process with the other chocolates, and then add milk chocolate over it followed by the white chocolate.
- Refrigerate it for half an hour and then it is ready to serve.