Match 11, April 17, 2016
Sunday’s second match is the competition between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils at M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore. DD must be high on confidence after their 8 wicket win on Kings XI Punjab on Saturday. They would be seeking an opportunity to continue their winning streak against RCB as well. They now have 2 points on the table with 2 games played.
RCB on the other hand won their first game against Sunrisers Hyderabad by 45 runs in a high scoring game. They would be getting on the field in hope to continue their 100% winning streak. RCB undoubtedly has the best batting line up in this year’s IPL. Comparing the two sides, RCB certainly looks a far better side with their high profile batting line up.
It appears a challenge for DD skipper, Zahaer Khan to stop the likes of Gayle, Kohli, De Villiers and Watson.
Head to head comparison:
|2008||1||DD||won by 10 runs|
|2008||1||DD||won by 5 wickets|
|2009||2||DD||won by 6 wickets|
|2009||2||RCB||won by 7 wickets|
|2010||3||DD||won by 17 runs|
|2010||3||DD||won by 37 runs|
|2011||4||RCB||won by 3 wickets|
|2012||5||RCB||won by 20 runs|
|2012||5||RCB||won by 21 runs|
|2013||6||RCB||won by 5 runs|
|2013||6||RCB||won by 4 runs|
|2014||7||RCB||won by 8 wickets|
|2014||7||RCB||won by 16 runs|
|2015||8||RCB||won by 10 wickets|
Total Matches: 15
RCB Won: 9
DD Won: 5
No Result: 1
The stats clearly speaks the picture. With a win percent of 60%, RCB looks the favorites. Also, DD has not been able to defeat RCB in their last 8 outings against them.
Players to look out for RCB:
- Virat Kohli: He is the man of the moment. Continuing his World T20 form in the first IPL game, he scored 75 runs off 51 balls. With promoting himself to opening position, he would be raring to go for a big score.
- Chris Gayle: The big man got off cheaply in the previous game but it takes few overs for the Gayle storm to hit the opponents.
- AB De Villiers: We want to see AB’s typical T20 innings. Hope he continues from where he left.
Players to look out for DD:
- Quinton De Kock: He is looking in good form and would be hoping to give his side a solid start.
- JP Duminy: Delhi needs his special knock from this Proteas. He can bowl some overs in the middle too.
- Carlos Brathwaite: Its time he shows those power hitting shots and help his team achieve good score on the board.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Shane Watson, Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers, Virat Kohli (captain), Stuart Binny, Samuel Badree, Iqbal Abdulla, Sreenath Aravind, Kedar Jadhav, Vikramjeet Malik, Kane Richardson, Varun Aaron, Mandeep Singh, Abu Nechim, Adam Milne, Mitchell Starc, Yuzvendra Chahal, Harshal Patel, Travis Head, David Wiese, Sachin Baby, Lokesh Rahul, Parvez Rasool, Vikas Tokas, Sarfaraz Khan, Praveen Dubey, Akshay Karnewar
Delhi Daredevils: Zaheer Khan (captain), Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), JP Duminy, Mayank Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer, Carlos Brathwaite, Karun Nair, Pawan Negi, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Pawan Suyal, Jayant Yadav, Chris Morris, Sam Billings, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Imran Tahir, Mahipal Lomor, Chama Milind, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Shahbaz Nadeem, Khaleel Ahmed, Akhil Herwadkar, Pratyush Singh.
The match begins at 8pm on Sunday. Who are you cheering for? RCB or DD?
Check out the video of their previous clash: