Since the day PM Narendra Modi announced about the ban on the old currency notes, Indians have been frantic and restless, and just when we started to settle in and got ourselves into the holiday mood, there came an announcement that PM Narendra Modi would be addressing the nation on the New Year’s Eve as well and the twitterati couldn’t help themselves but predict what the speech would be all about.
1. Can’t really be sure
2. The complete nation has been invited
Modi to address the nation on New Year’s Eve.
*Note to self: load up cash, petrol, food supplies* pic.twitter.com/uHourJjILJ
— The Last Caveman (@CarDroidusMax) December 29, 2016
4. This is quite a probability
5. Stating facts!
6. Obama knows best
7. Modi ji got a point there, though
8. Everything said and done till now was a lie
9. That level of confidence
10. Be positive people
— Amrita Bhinder (@amritabhinder) December 29, 2016
11. This party will be remembered forever
12. Shortest, yet horrific
13. Demonetization at its worst
14. Remembering the “tryst with destiny”