India has come a long way since it attained independence on 15th August, 1947. Countless people contributed in innumerable ways to see the light of freedom from the hands of the British Raj. Here are some of the rare and unseen pictures that depicts India during the struggle for Independence.
(1) The last picture of Chandra Shekhar Azad at Alfred Park.
(2) The Martyr’s Well at Jallianwala Bagh.
(3) Mahatma Gandhi and Mohammad Jinnah in a heated altercation.
(4) Netaji Bose caught by the British for the last time!
(5) When Subhash Chandra Bose met Adolf Hitler!
(6) Circa 1950, a train full of refugees arrives at Ambala, Punjab.
(7) Pandit Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Charlie Chaplin in Switzerland!
(8) During the partition, refugees try to flee in a boat from East Pakistan, trying to enter West Bengal.
(9) The last viceroy of India, Lord Mountbatten, salutes the Indian National Flag.
(10) The Times of India headline, stating India’s Independence.
(11) Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first president of India.
(12) Circa 1947, the refugees from East Pakistan arrive barefoot in India during the partition.
(13) C Rajagopalachari takes the oath of first Governor General of the independent India on 15th Aug, 1947.
(14) Pandit Nehru and Mohammad Jinnah at the Simla meeting, 1947 where the creation of Pakistan was first discussed.
(15) Pandit Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi take a refugee camp in Haridwar.