Many of us have booked a ticket with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation’s (IRCTC) Tatkal booking service that allows passengers to book tickets just a day before the journey. The Tatkal booking service has proven to be a great help to the passengers since the tickets can be booked just 24 hours before the departure time and that too online.
But how many of you know that in case of cancellation of Tatkal ticket, you can get a full refund from IRCTC? Well! Here are a few situations under which you will be granted a full refund on Tatkal tickets:
- In case the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger and not the boarding point if the passenger’s journey originating point and boarding point are different
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In the case of non-attachment of a coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the passenger has been accommodated in a lower class and he does not want to travel. In case the passenger travels in the lower class, the passenger will be given a refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges, if any.