Whenever someone talks about making money online, we usually assume it to be a hoax but fortunately, that’s not always true! There are certain genuine ways through which you can easily make money on the internet and get yourself into the business world. This would not just earn you materialistic profit but will also save you from the grind of a 9-5 job, let you take out time for travel and family gatherings. Plus, this is not even a very difficult process, you just have to get started with a very little or no upfront investment. However, you might take a little time into figuring out what works best for you, but once done, it will definitely help you in the future.
Here are 6 simple and authentic ways to make money online:
1. Affiliate Marketing
Anyone who has even a teensy bit of interest in digital marketing most knows what we’re going to talk about. Affiliate marketing is the oldest way out for money makers online.
Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Firstly you need a platform to set out your marketing message. This could be through a website, a blog, an email newsletter, social media presence or even a combination of these.
- Pick a not niche market for yourself, the one having many potential customers and follow the trends on a website like Amazon, etc.
- Provide your audience a useful content and marketing message aimed at your product.
- When you promote products, you don’t sell your own. Instead, you become an affiliate and market the products of others. When customers on your site click on a link to buy, they are taken to your affiliate partner’s site to complete the transaction. You get a commission for every completed sale. You don’t have to worry about shipping or customer service!
2. Selling on Amazon, eBay, and Etsy
This is the most convenient option for online money making to start with. You don’t have to involve yourself into the hassle of setting up a personal website, rather you just have to create your own shop in the major e-commerce websites like Amazon, eBay, and Etsy where lots of buyers already visit.
The only important things you’ll need to focus on would be:
- You have to pay the fees to the provider.
- Use clear and very high-quality photos of your product.
- Keep your product description detailed and specific.
- Keep the prices after keeping a check on what your competitors are charging
Yes, good old blogging is here to stay. After all, who doesn’t want to read interesting content for free? And oh well, of course, it garners you more and more new readers (prospective buyers) through ads or affiliate links you put into the blog.
One thing you must always remember about blogging is that you also need to make your website look attractive so that it appears above in the google search engine. Make sure you focus on a specific niche and stick with it. That will make it easier for you to create content, for the search engines to find and rank your site, and for your prospects to stay loyal.
4. Your own YouTube Channel
YouTube has a long list of varied videos to show through which YouTubers are making millions every year. To begin with, all you have to do is have an idea of what your niche will be. For example, valuable videos like how-tos, unboxing (where you open a product for your viewers), reviews, travel, music, comedy, and the list is endless.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Set up your YouTube channel. This is where your videos will go live.
- Upload videos consistently. Keep a schedule so you can build an audience. Be sure to describe the content specified in your video description. Make sure your videos are good quality and contain good content your audience will enjoy. That doesn’t mean you need a fancy camera — a smartphone will do at the beginning.
- Put the word out on Twitter, Facebook, to your email marketing list, and beyond. You can even share the videos on social media or embed them on your blog or website. You want to build up those views.
- Be sure to respond to comments from viewers. Stay engaged to create fans.
- Monetize by allowing YouTube to include ads on your videos. When viewers click on an ad, you get paid (you split that with Google). The more views = more revenue for you.
5. Sell E-books
Yes, for writers and readers, this is an amazing opportunity to not only publish your work online but also make money out of it. Ebooks can be novels, nonfiction works, how-to guides, collections of blog posts or essays… the sky’s the limit really.
Once it’s ready, you simply upload it to your website or seller account on Amazon and start promoting it. The search feature on Amazon will help. But you also want to hype the book on your social media, to your email list, on your blog and website… all with a link to buy the book on Amazon through Kindle Direct Publishing.
6. Develop Apps
Developing apps seems like a major task but if you have the idea, you know you can achieve almost anything. Your idea must meet the need of your subscribers and you’re good to start. Also, you don’t need to be a programmer. You’re the idea person, and you hire people to create it. With the availability of programmers available for very cheap rates that you can hire on sites like Upwork, it’s not a problem. Of course, the exact amount you’ll pay your developers depends on the complexity of the app.
Make sure to create an app that works both on Android as well as iOS platforms.