Match 17, IPL Season 9, April 23, 2016
The 17th match of this edition of IPL will see Delhi Daredevils hosting Mumbai Indians at their home ground, Ferozshah Kotla Stadium, Delhi. The match begins at 4pm and will be the first of the two matches to be played on Saturday. Talking about the hosts, DD led by Zaheer Khan are currently on the third spot with 4 points, thanks to their 2 consecutive wins against Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore. The team is on high spirits and have seemed to found the right batting combination especially at the top order. It was a treat to watch the innings of Quiton de Kock.
With the comeback man Mohammed Shami along with Amit Mishra and veteran Zaheer Khan, the bowling department of DD also looks an improved one now. The young guns like ShreyasIyer, Sanju Samsom and Karun Nair need to stay composed and continue the good work.
The defending champions Mumbai Indians who have been very unpredictable this season have managed to win just 2 of their 5 games played so far. One good point for MI coming into this game is the win against RCB in their last game. It was a total team effort in the victory. Skipper Rohit Sharma looked in good form and scored a well-deserved fifty. The bowlers Tim Southee, Jasprit Bumrah and Krunal Pandaya are going well too.
Head to head comparison:
|2008||1||MI||won by 29 runs|
|2008||1||DD||won by 5 wickets|
|2009||2||DD||won by 7 wickets|
|2009||2||DD||won by 4 wickets|
|2010||3||MI||won by 98 runs|
|2010||3||MI||won by 39 runs|
|2011||4||MI||won by 8 wickets|
|2011||4||MI||won by 32 runs|
|2012||5||DD||won by 7 wickets|
|2012||5||DD||won by 37 runs|
|2013||6||MI||won by 44 runs|
|2013||6||DD||won by 9 wickets|
|2014||7||DD||won by 6 wickets|
|2014||7||MI||won by 15 runs|
|2015||8||DD||won by 37 runs|
|2015||8||MI||won by 5 wickets|
Total Matches played: 16
DD won: 8
MI won: 8
Both the teams have won the same number of matches against each other. It will be interesting to see who will take the lead in this match.
Players to look for Delhi Daredevils:
- Quiton de Kock : Without a doubt, Kock is the player to watch out for DD. With a century in the previous game, the opener must be high on confidence and can create trouble for the MI.
- Sanju Samson : He would be looking to grasp the team confidence and convert his innings into a big one.
- Amit Mishra : We all saw his spell at the FerozshahKotla stadium in the game against KXIP. His experience of the ground can prove handy for DD.
Players to look out for Mumbai Indians:
- Ambati Rayudu : He has been with Mumbai Indians for straight 7 seasons now. He has shown his talent in the previous matches and would be daring to go and show selectors his worth.
- Rohit Sharma : The skipper with a fifty in his tally will be the player to look out for. Rohit on his day can smash the opponents.
- Krunal Pandaya : This boy has impressed everyone with his bowling. He plays a crucial role in the middle overs to lower the run rate. He can contribute with bat as well.
Delhi Daredevils (DD) : Zaheer Khan (captain), Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), JP Duminy, Mayank Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer, Carlos Brathwaite, Karun Nair, PawanNegi, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Pawan Suyal, Jayant Yadav, Chris Morris, Sam Billings, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Imran Tahir, Mahipal Lomor, Chama Milind, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Shahbaz Nadeem, Khaleel Ahmed, Akhil Herwadkar, Pratyush Singh.
Mumbai Indians(MI) : Rohit Sharma (c), Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Tim Southee, Vinay Kumar, Martin Guptill, Jos Buttler (wk), Ambati Rayudu, Mitchell McClenaghan, Unmukt Chand, Marchant de Lange, AkshayWakhare, Corey Anderson, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, ShreyasGopal, Jitesh Sharma, Deepak Punia, Suchith, Kishore Kamath, Nathu Singh, Krunal Pandya
With both teams coming with victories that too against the giants RCB, it will be an interesting clash. Whom are you supporting this time? Delhi Daredevils or Mumbai Indians?
Watch the highlights from their previous match :