Match 6, IPL Season 9, April 15, 2016
Delhi Daredevils (DD) will host neighbors King XI Punjab (KXIP) at Ferozshah Kotla in the seventh match of this year’s IPL edition this Friday. Delhi Daredevils will be led by their new skipper Zaheer Khan whereas Kings XI will be captained by Davil Miller. Both the teams started off with a loss in their respective opening matches and would be getting on the field with a hope to bounce back.
Talking about KXIP, they showed some good batting temperament by scoring 161 runs batting first in their previous game against the debutants Gujarat Lions. However, Aaron Finch’s 74 runs off 47 balls
handed them a loss.
On the other hand, DD lost to Kolkata Knightriders by 9 wickets in their opening match on 10th April. They managed to score only 98 runs batting first with Quenton De Kock being the highest scorer for them with 17 runs.
Head to Head Comparison:
|2008||1||KXIP||won by 4 wickets|
|2008||1||KXIP||won by 6 runs|
|2009||2||DD||won by 10 wickets|
|2009||2||KXIP||won by 6 wickets|
|2010||3||DD||won by 8 wickets|
|2010||3||KXIP||won by 7 wickets|
|2011||4||DD||won by 29 runs|
|2011||4||KXIP||won by 29 runs|
|2012||5||DD||won by 5 wickets|
|2012||5||DD||won by 6 wickets|
|2013||6||KXIP||won by 5 wickets|
|2013||6||KXIP||won by 8 runs|
|2014||7||KXIP||won by 4 wickets|
|2014||7||KXIP||won by 7 wickets|
|2015||8||DD||won by 5 wickets|
|2015||8||DD||won by 9 wickets|
Total Matches: 16
DD Won: 7
KXIP Won: 9
From the overall Head to head comparison, KXIP has a better winning record against DD with a winning percentage of 56.25%. DD finished 7th on the points table of last IPL and they would certainly be looking to get their combination right to avoid the same situation.
Players to look our for Delhi Daredevils :
- Quenton de Kock: This South African opener looked good in the opening match. We are hoping that he takes advantage of the shorter ground at Kotla and smashes few out of the ground.
- Shreyas Iyer: The wicket keeper batsman would be raring to go out and show his talent to the selectors
- Carlos Brathwaite: He can never be ruled out of any T20 game. We hope he will repeat his World T20 performance tonight.
Players to look out for Kings XI Punjab:
- David Miller: The skipper has to take up the challenge today and lead his team’s spirits and performance for the day.
- Murali Vijay: Punjab’s opener, Murali looked in good touch against Sunrisers and got good runs under his belt. He would surely be getting on field with some confidence.
- Glenn Maxwell: Delhi crowd would turn up in huge numbers to see his batting skills and some long sixes out of the park. He can demolish any team on his day and we think today might be his day.
Delhi Daredevils :
Zaheer Khan (captain), Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), JP Duminy, Mayank Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer, Carlos Brathwaite, Karun Nair, Pawan Negi, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Pawan Suyal, Jayant Yadav, Chris Morris, Sam Billings, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Imran Tahir, Mahipal Lomor, Chama Milind, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Shahbaz Nadeem, Khaleel Ahmed, Akhil Herwadkar, Pratyush Singh.
Kings XI Punjab :
David Miller (captain), Kyle Abbott, Murali Vijay, Manan Vohra, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Anureet Singh, Axar Patel, Wriddhiman Saha (wicketkeeper), Pardeep Sahu, Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Marcus Stoinis, Swapnil Singh, Armaan Jaffer, Farhaan Behardien, KC Cariappa, Rishi Dhawan, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Nikhil Naik, Shardul Thakur.
Check out the highlights from their match back in IPL 2010 :
Which team are you supporting tonight?? Is it Delhi Daredevils Or Kings XI Punjab??
Share your love on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/antiscoopwhoop/?fref=ts