Samsung is arguably the most sought after smartphone, specially the high-end phones with one-of-its-kind features. Samsung Note 7 was supposed to be one such phone, but it failed miserably owing to its explosive batteries. The pressure was on Samsung to come back strong, which they finally have with their premier device – Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+.
Samsung has launched two versions : Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ priced between Rs. 46k-56k. It comes in five shades Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold colours.
Here are the specs:
1) 5.8-inch (S8) and 6.2 inch (S8+) with 1440p resolution
2) Corning Gorilla Glass 5
3) 12MP rear camera and 8MP front camera
4) Snapdragon 835 processor (in US), whereas Exynos 8895 processor (rest of the countries)
5) 4GB RAM / 64 GB internal memory / 256 GB expandable memory
6) Bluetooth 5.0 and USB-Type C
7) Sensors include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor, magnetometer, and proximity sensor.
8) Support for wired and wireless charging.
9) 3,000 mAh (S8) and 3,500 mAh (S8+)
The new phone is dust and water resistant and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat. Samsung has also launched its Microsoft Continuum-like feature, Samsung DeX, which will let users use smartphone like a computer by docking it to monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
The smartphone also houses a voice-based virtual assistant named Bixby. It challenges other voice-assistant technologies such as Apple’s Siri, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana and Amazon’s Alexa. DJ Koh, Samsung Electronics President said that Galaxy S8 “usher in a new era of smartphone” The specifications seem ideal, if not new, packed in with sensors galore, which has always been a trademark of Samsung, including iris recognition! Hope it works for Samsung who has been stuck in controversies for quite sometime and brings in a wave of a new start for them in 2017.