Saving for retirement is a task that all individuals must consider as their top priority. One such is your EPF balance. EPF balance is the amount of money that is there in your EPF account. It consists of the amount that is deducted from your salary every month plus the contribution added by your employer. Therefore, keeping a regular check on your EPF balance can help you keep a track on your savings for retirement.
How To Check EPF Balance
1. Check Online
- Step 1: Go to the EPFO portal
- Step 2: Click on ‘our services’ and select the ‘for employees’ option
- Step 3: Click on ‘services’ and select ‘member passbook’
- Step 4: Log in using your UAN number and password and access your EPF account.
2. Check via SMS
Once an employee has seeded his/her KYC documents with UAN account
- Step 1: Send an SMS EPFOHO UAN ENG – to 7738299899, in the same format (here, ENG stands for ENGLISH as the language of preference).
- Step2: Once the message is sent, you will receive a message with the details of your PF account.
3. Check via Missed Call
Similarly to the SMS case, the KYC details are needed to be seeded with UAN account
- Step 1: Give a missed call on 011-22901406
- Step 2: you will receive a text message with all of your PF details on the registered mobile number.
4. Check via Mobile App
- Step 1: Download the app and click on ‘member‘ on the app’s homepage.
- Step2: On clicking the member option, enter your UAN and after choosing the balance/passbook option.
- Step 3: Now, enter your registered mobile number.
- Step 4: If the mobile number is displayed as incorrect, enter other details such as mobile number, Aadhaar card, etc.
- Step 5: Choose the view “EPF passbook” option if one wishes to view statements of the last 7 months.
- Step 6: Once the details have been entered, the mobile app will display the balance in the employee’s PF account.
5. Through EPF passbook
Employees can check the balance in their PF account by downloading the EPF passbook either on the EPFO member portal or on the UAN portal. The passbook displays the contribution of both the employee and the employer.
Steps to Download
A) On UAN portal
- Visit the UAN portal.
- Enter your 12-digit UAN.
- Click on “download passbook” on the UAN homepage.
- Once this is done, the page will display the balance in the PF account and the contributions made by both the employee and the employer.
B) On EPFO member portal
- Employees can login EPFO portal either by using their PF number or registered mobile number, date of birth, Aadhaar card number, etc.
- One the employee has logged into his PF account, he/she should simply click on the “download passbook” option to view their balance in the account.
- The passbook will display the contributions made by both the employee and the employer for the last 7 months and the total accumulation in the account.