Provident fund comes into play when retired or elderly people require stability and financial security. Therefore, most people starting contributing to these funds as soon as they begin their life as an employee. These contributions are usually made on monthly basis.
EPF is the Employee Provident Fund which was set up in the year 1952 by the government of India and is controlled by the Ministry of Labour and Employment. In the year 2013, EPFO launched its own portal accessing the subscribers to check the status of their PF account, make PF withdrawals or take a loan against their PF corpus through internet and SMS.
HOW TO CHECK THE EPF BALANCE THROUGH SMS IF YOU CAN’T DO IT ONLINE
- Use your UAN registered mobile number and SMS the details in the following format –
- EPFOHO UAN ENG – to 7738299899.
- You can use the SMS facility in 10 different languages, namely, English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali.
- After the SMS is sent, following details are received via SMS to sender:
- Name of the PF account holder
- Date of birth
- Last contribution made by both employer and employee
- The total balance in the PF account
BENEFITS OF EPF SMS SERVICE
- One-to-one communication
- Less time consuming
- It is the most preferred channels of attending user requests by various organizations such as financial institutions and governmental bodies.