Match 13, IPL Season 9, April 19, 2016
Kings XI Punjab hosts Kolkata Knightriders in the 13th Match of this year IPL at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium at Mohali. Both the teams are coming after winning their previous games. KXIP, who has played 3 matches managed to finally register a win on the board in their last match which was against the new franchise Rise Pune Supergiants. They lost their previous 2 matches against Gujarat Lions and Delhi Daredevils.
Visitors KKR on the other hand got a convincing game against Sunrisers Hyderabad when they visited Hyderabad on April 16, 2016. KKR who are currently on the second spot on the points table have played a total of 3 games and won 2 of them.
Looking at their last match’s performance, KXIP managed a good win by 6 wickets against RPS. The openers Murali Vijay and Manan Vohra played a stable partnership to get them home. The same was the case with KKR, whose in-form openers Robin Uthapa and GautamGambhirsealed the game for them. Gautam has scored 2 half centuries in the 3 matches played till now and is the current Orange Cap Holder.
Head to Head Comparison:
|2008||1||KXIP||won by 9 runs|
|2008||1||KKR||won by 3 wickets|
|2009||2||KKR||won by 11 runs|
|2009||2||KXIP||won by 6 wickets|
|2010||3||KKR||won by 39 runs|
|2010||3||KXIP||won by 8 wickets|
|2011||4||KKR||won by 8 wickets|
|2012||5||KXIP||won by 2 runs|
|2012||5||KKR||won by 8 wickets|
|2013||6||KXIP||won by 4 runs|
|2013||6||KKR||won by 6 wickets|
|2014||7||KXIP||won by 23 runs|
|2014||7||KKR||won by 9 wickets|
|2015||8||KKR||won by 4wickets|
|2015||8||KKR||won by 1 wickets|
Total Matches Played : 15
KXIP Won : 6
KKR Won : 9
Surely KKR has an advantage in the head to head comparison, but this would be an altogether exciting game for the cricket lovers.
Players to look out for KXIP:
- David Miller: Though he hasn’t performed till now in this IPL, but we are hoping to get a remarkable performance from him.
- Shaun Marsh: The southpaw from Australia, has been a key member of the KXIP squad. He would be hoping to get a good score.
- Sandeep Sharma: The seamer has been bowling really well this season. He has been very economical. He needs some wickets to get more confidence.
Players to look out for KKR:
- GautamGambhir: The skipper is running in an incredible form and is leading by an example. He would surely be a trouble for the opponents.
- Robin Uthappa: Playing the role of wicket keeper batsman, Robin is going strong in this year IPL edition.
- Yusuf Pathan: The big man is due for a long impending performance. We hope he gives his fans a treat tonite.
Kings XI Punjab : Glenn Maxwell, Shaun Marsh, David Miller (c), MananVohra, Murali Vijay, Nikhil Naik, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Akshar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Mitchell Johnson, WriddhimanSaha (wk), Anureet Singh, Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Kyle Abbott, KC Cariappa, Marcus Stoinis, FarhaanBehardien, PradeepSahu, ArmaanJaffer, Swapnil Singh.
Kolkata Knight Riders : GautamGambhir (c), KuldeepYadav, Manish Pandey, PiyushChawla, Robin Uthappa (wk), Sheldon Jackson, Suryakumar Yadav, UmeshYadav, Yusuf Pathan, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Brad Hogg, Chris Lynn, MorneMorkel, Shakib Al Hasan. JaydevUnadkat, Ankit Singh Rajpoot, John Hastings, Jason Holder, Colin Munro, RajgopalSathish, Manan Ajay Sharma.
Check out a video from their past clash :