Match 9, IPL Season 9, April 16, 2016
The second match of the super Saturday is a clash between Mumbai Indians (MI) and Gujarat Lions (GL). MI are hosting their neighbors at Wankhade stadium. The match begins 8pm IST. GL have been tremendous in this year’s IPL so far with winning both their games. They are currently topping the points table.
The hosts Mumbai Indians after losing in their opening match, made a winning comeback in their second match against Kolkata Knighriders. MI have a new team member Martin Guptill who has come in as a replacement for injured opener Lendl Simmons. This would certainly make their team stronger.
We wouldn’t be able to provide the head to head comparison as it’s the first match between the two teams.
Players to look out for Mumbai Indians :
- Rohit Sharma : He led the attack for his team in their last match. We hope he would be keeping his recently found form.
- Jos Butler : This English batsman came back stronger in their second match after getting out on duck in the first game. His power hitting in the middle order can help MI get that big score.
- Parthiv Patel : Looked in good touch in the last game. He was unfortunate to get run-out in the previous game. He would want to have the same touch in this game as well.
Players to look out for Gujarat Lions :
- Aaron Finch : Two fifties in two matches shows the form he is in. His power hitting opening innings can make the momentum for the team.
- Brendon McCullum : Having retired from the international platform for his national team, he still looked good in the previous game. Along with Finch, he can demolish any bowling attack.
- Ravindra Jadeda : Every team hopes to have an all-rounder like him. His left arm spinners helps the team in slowing down the scoring of opponents. He can make some quick runs too.
Mumbai Indians : Rohit Sharma (captain), Parthiv Patel (wicketkeeper), Hardik Pandya, Jos Buttler, Mitchell McClenaghan, AmbatiRayudu, Kieron Pollard, Harbhajan Singh, JagadeeshaSuchith, Tim Southee, JaspritBumrah, ShreyasGopal, R Vinay Kumar, Corey Anderson, Unmukht Chand, Marchant de Lange, Siddhesh Lad, Kishore Kamath, Krunal Pandya, Kishore Kamath, Deepak Punia, NitishRana, Jitesh Sharma, Nathu Singh, AkshayWakhare, Lendl Simmons, LasithMalinga.
Gujarat Lions : Aaron Finch, Brendon McCullum, Suresh Raina (captain), Dwayne Bravo, Dinesh Karthik (wicketkeeper), RavindraJadeja, AkshdeepNath, James Faulkner, Praveen Kumar, ShadabJakati, Praveen Tambe, Paras Dogra, EklavyaDwivedi, IshanKishan, ShivliKaushik, Dhawal Kulkarni, SarabjitLadda, Amit Mishra, Pradeep Sangwan, Jaydev Shah, Umang Sharma, Dwayne Smith, Dale Steyn, Andrew Tye.
Check out some highlights from last year’s Final :